Friday 16 May 2014

Bloggers Quilt Festival - Ferris Wheel Mini

I am so excited to be linking up with Amy's Blogger's Quilt Festival for the first time (I have only been a visitor in the past and have loved admiring all the amazing creativity shown). 

AmysCreativeSide.com

My first entry is a mini quilt that I made for the lovely Samantha. She told me that she loved fabrics that were more jewel toned rather than bright and so I chose to work with Anna Maria Horners Dowry fabric range.

P1080994

I really enjoyed the EPP work, less so the hand applique onto the background fabric which seemed to take forever! I machine quilted in straight lines using Aurifil 2600, and bound the quilt in a gorgeous teal with gold print from the Botanics fabric line. 

P1080997

Category: Mini Quilts
Size: 20"x 20"
Original Post here

Thanks for visiting. I am a new blogger so it is fun to have new visitors to my blog, and thanks to Amy for hosting the festival. Enjoy visiting all the other amazing quilting blogs - they provide so much inspiration. 

23 comments:

  1. Love this and would happily have it on my wall!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, nice. I don't think I seen this one before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the Blogging world. The Quilt Festival is a great way to get people to come and visit your Blog. This is my 12th entry in 6 years in this Festival since 2010.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty mini, I love the choice of fabrics :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy first Bloggers Quilt Festival! This is such a lovely mini, beautiful EEP, wonderful fabrics and I really like the straight line quilting!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmm! Love the fabrics, the pattern, the quilting...all of it! Such a great "entrance" to the Festival!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun and colorful quilt. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty colors! Wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay! for entering the Blogger's Quilt Festival! I'm still too chicken to enter, but you and this mini are very worthy participants :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those fabrics! So much richness for such a little quilt - beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hadn't seen this one yet. It's beautiful and the binding completes it perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this too - AMH and EPP = match made in heaven and then there's the applique and quilting. It's just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your blocks are so pretty! This is a pattern I've wanted to try.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a lovely quilt... And you can never go wrong with Dowry!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful mini! Good luck. I love AMH too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous quilt Deborah. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete