Friday 16 May 2014

Bloggers Quilt Festival - Mosaic Tiles

Welcome to those visiting from the Bloggers Quilt Festival, and to my lovely regular readers too! 

This quilt is my second entry into the festival (my first is here), and for some reason is probably my favourite quilt to date. I just love the colours, I can't believe that I got all the seams to line up, and I love the texture of the straight line quilting. 

Mosaic Tiles Quilt

It was gifted to a close friend for her third son, and I think that makes it more special. They are Australians living in Singapore and do a lot of travelling so the trains, planes and other forms of transport are highly appropriate!

Mosaic Tiles quilt


Category: Small Quilts
Size: 47" x 48"
Original post here.


AmysCreativeSide.com

22 comments:

  1. Getting all the seams lined up in spite of all the sashing is a really major achievement and the result is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great quilt. I love the fun colours, especially that teal sashing, and good job achieving such perfect piecing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's easy to see why this is a favourite quilt, it's wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beautiful Deb! I absolutely love the sashing colour, it's the perfect complement to those prints. And the texture looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks great - colors, pattern and quilting really comes together in your quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Deborah! This is such a fun quilt. The colours are perfect and I love the orange dotted binding. Wonderful job of the straight line quilting. It's a real compliment to the design!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the colours in this quilt! You must have done this one before I found your blog? That sashing colour was a fabulous choice :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this quilt and how was I not following your blog??? I have rectified that mistake ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful job - the quilting is so straight!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is really cute. I love the navy sashing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really love this quilt, the colours work so perfectly together.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's a gorgeous finish and I too love that blue sashing - a lovely entry :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thats a great quilt and the sashing sets the other fabrics off so well. I'm off to read the original post.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have a very good eye for colour and the binding is very clever. The owner must love this quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely to look at. I am sure your friends will enjoy this one.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The theme of this quilt is just right for a traveling family:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the colours and fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The design, colours, prints and quilting are all wonderful. No wonder it is a favourite for you.

    ReplyDelete