Tuesday 6 May 2014

Teachers Tote

I love that my two boys always want to make something for their teachers as an end of year present. In the past we would make cookies or chocolates and wrap them in nicely decorated boxes. But since I started sewing they have wanted to use fabric to make their presents. 

This year I left it totally up to them to decide what they wanted to make, and Mr. 7 was very specific. He wanted to make a bag, with "bits of fabric on the front with his friends names on". 

This is what we came up with. 
He very proudly did most of the sewing on his own, except for sewing the hexies together.


P1090153

P1090156


Linking up with Sew Cute Tuesday, and this is my fourth finish for the Q2 FAL2014

Sew Cute Tuesday
Finish Along 2014

15 comments:

  1. Wow! He did the sewing?! What a clever lad :) I bet his teacher loved it too. PS 4th Q2 FAL Finish ... now you're just showing off! (rushes to her sewing machine to play catch up!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that's great - he came up with a fantastic gift idea! The hexies with the names are great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, he did a great job! My teacher from Year 1 remembered me when I randomly bumped into her at a shop when I was in highschool (!!!) so I bet this bag will be a sweet reminder of your son and his friends. She'll remember them for a long time :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a teacher and would be thrilled to receive a personalized bag like this! Visiting from Sew Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! Miss PRs reception teacher still thanks us for the knitted cakes she was given, which is now five years' ago... It's a lovely bag.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful idea, and fun to do this together with your boy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that your son came up with the idea of a bag with his friends names on bits of fabrics, and that he did a lot of the sewing. The teacher will love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The creativity of kids is always so amazing!!! Next time I need a gift idea I think I will see if your son has any ideas!! Such a thoughtful and meaningful gift!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You go Mr. 7! What an amazing gift for his teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great gift that is one smart boy you have there :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have a future quilter there! Brilliant idea and very well done for the sewing. Your son is very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh that is really cool! What a great mom you are to help him make such a wonderful gift!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great idea! I love hexies and this sure make nice and practical gift.

    ReplyDelete